The Big Logistics Diversity Challenge
On June 22rd, the Dexory team headed to Newark Showground where the Big Logistics Diversity Challenge took place. The team had a day of fun, and meaningful conversations to promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (ED&I) across the logistics and warehousing sectors.
And to say that the team had a fun-filled day, would be an understatement. From shooting arrows, dancing to the classics, walking the catwalk and the plank: there were activities for everyone. The challenge was a great way to get everybody involved for a meaningful cause, and show pure teamwork.
Throughout the day key speakers shone a light on the great work that is going into the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) strategies of companies in the logistic space, and the fruition of these initiatives.
In regards to ourselves, at Dexory, we are committed to DEI and our participation in the Big Logistics Diversity Challenge is one way to make sure diversity remains at the heart of who we are, and what we stand for. We firmly believe that embracing diversity, promoting equality, and fostering inclusion are not only the right things to do, but they also drive our business success. We are dedicated to building an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work, thrive, and contribute to our shared goals.Jenna Cotton Head of Culture, People & Talent
The event was a huge success and the team is still talking about it and planning their training schedule for next year. Dexory will definitely be back to steal the crown!
An excerpt of Dexory’s D&I statement
At Dexory, we believe that diversity, equality, and inclusion are essential values that drive innovation, foster creativity, and create a thriving work environment. We are committed to cultivating a company culture that embraces and celebrates the unique perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences of every individual.
Our Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion Statement:
- Diversity: We value and respect the diversity of our employees, customers, and stakeholders and we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve and promotes a rich exchange of ideas and perspectives.
- Equality: We are committed to treating all individuals with fairness, dignity, and respect. We strive to create an inclusive environment that promotes equal opportunities for all, irrespective of their backgrounds.
- Inclusion: We believe that inclusion is the foundation of a thriving and collaborative workplace. We actively promote an inclusive environment where every individual feels valued, heard, and empowered to contribute their unique talents and perspectives.
- Collaboration: We understand that diverse teams drive innovation and creativity. We encourage collaboration and teamwork that leverages the strengths and perspectives of every individual. By fostering an inclusive and collaborative environment, we aim to develop groundbreaking solutions that address the needs of our diverse customer base and contribute positively to society.
- Continuous Improvement: We are committed to ongoing learning and growth in matters of diversity, equality, and inclusion. We regularly review and update our policies, practices, and training programs to ensure they align with best practices and evolving societal standards.